Sunday 9 July 2017

Iterative Process

My experiments with the Jung Pirates continue.  I've started to branch out and use cards I was generally skipping over.  I built a combo play with using Arata, Queen of the Waves, and the Taunt enhancement - it's pretty self-explanatory if you know what the cards do.  I don't really like Arata though, as the Impetuous really makes me grind my teeth.  Taunt on the other hand, functions as a very useful, activation-free way to skew an enemy model's dice and helps me deal with the "higher model count, roll all defence dice" meta.

The main power of the Jung Pirates is the sheer number of low rice cost profiles with decent Melee stats.  They may not be as amazing as Kyoaku-Han but the Jung are only a tiny sliver off.  I don't really leave home without taking double Kohanin and Sho as the baseline for my warband.  You get a lot of bodies for not a lot of rice.


Here's my current iteration of my Jung Pirates warband:


Queen of the Waves (theme)

Mari Jung + Taunt
Lua
Suiren
Sho
Korusea
Kami of Reflection
Kohanin x2

Hotei's Blessing
Kamikaze (1)


Lua can be shifted out for quite a large number of different models, but I just appreciate how much hitting power and durability he brings to the warband.  I really like the Queen of the Waves theme.  The reroll can be used on either player's dice and allows Suiren to really flourish.  The place effect is well... it's a place effect so it's extremely powerful.  Between the place effect and the reroll you can really put into motion the means to delete an enemy model.

The Kami of Reflection deals with Ki-based assaults as they are a glaring weakness of Jung Pirates warbands, and since I play primarily against Cult, I get a LOT of offensive Ki tactics thrown at me.  It's also decent at holding its own in a fight so far between Parry (1) and Durable.

My plan is to get that particular warband fully painted by the end of the month - it shouldn't take that long, but I've been working on other projects.  So far I'm 50% complete with Suiren, Sho, and both Kohanin done.  The kami will take about 30 mins, and most of the other models have significant amounts of paints on them already.  I do like rocking up with the fully painted warband, this is a game that really benefits from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment