Wednesday 13 November 2013

Propagation

Excellent news for the Scottish Bushido players: full-fledged conversion to the game has begun on a serious level.  Unfortunately I'm booked up for a LOT of demo games in the coming weeks, I don't think I'll have any time to play my own games at G3 (the gaming club) until after Christmas.  After that however, I will be able to bask in the warm glow of having an excellent choice of opponents and factions to play against (yet still no Silvermoon...).  All I need to do now is help link up the player base internally so the system becomes self-propagating rather than requiring constant stimulation from myself.

Takeji finally got painted, though his banner is currently just green, I haven't decided if I want to try to put some sort of design on the banner or not.  I was thinking I might even just put 'ichi' on it, and once I get a Jade Mamba Guard or two, they can be 'ni' and 'san'.  That's one, two, and three.  I'll have to wait to see the Jade Mamba Guard model in person before I decide if I want a second one.  I'm just hoping she'll be able to bodyguard, as that opens up a lot of possibilities in making Ito Clan warbands.

The Temple models in my collection are slowly accumulating paint, continuing my plan to make them fabulous.  Since I think the Rice Farmers are incredibly useful the two of them are first up on the painting table, and the rest of the starter set will follow.

Having run so many demos now I've been able to experience playing most of the starter boxes now, which does help bring insight into how individual factions work - still no Silvermoon however, I may have to drop Temple and pick up Silvermoon.  My favourite model to play is Zuba.  I just can't help but chortle to myself every time I see him smite something - regardless of which side of the smiting I'm on - and get a bajillion damage, almost regardless of success level.

No comments:

Post a Comment