Wednesday 3 July 2013

Savage Beatings

I tried out the Itsunagi/Akimoto starter set against Martin "The Swarm" Casey's Savage Wave last night and it was a bit of a bear-mauling for my poor Ito Clan forces.  I'm still not a fan of that particular starter set, I find the Naoko/Kenzo one just so much... better.  But kudos to Martin, he's certainly stepped up his game and played much better since his first game, using his bakemono much more effectively.  Zuba spent the entire game with Oni Rage going, and I couldn't see any fault with that: it gives him extra Ki and he gets to run around crushing things mercilessly.  Overall the game was immensely enjoyable.

Next week I'm up against Mark Bonatti's Cult of Yurei, and he said he was either going full kairai or 'scary ghosts'.  I haven't played against the Cult yet, but it'll certainly be interesting to see how they match up against my Ito Clan models.  I'm going to try out my shisai/debuff list to see how it works out.  I'm a little worried at just how much Souless goes around the Cult, as it means they can pretty much ignore the shisai Ki feats.  If it all goes terrible wrong, I can always get to work getting my Satoshi/ashigaru force painted up (though my shisai/debuff list is looking distinctly half-painted, rather than fully painted) and try to simply out-activate my opponents.


No comments:

Post a Comment