Sunday 3 June 2012

Halls of the Mountain King

Yes, spoilers.  They have arrived and the crowd let out a resounding "meh".  I will admit to being a little disappointed with the Mountain King, but even so it's got two fists that duplicate Mulg's hitting power, and we all know that Mulg ruins just about anything he gets into punching range.  Amuck is a pretty awesome animus for a gargantuan that wants to use sweep.  I was hoping that the Mountain King had more cool things to it, but it's a very bare-bones sort of model.  I AM a bit miffed it doesn't have some sort of regeneration ability though, I mean, it's a troll warbeast right?!

It does make me look back and forth between my Mercenaries and the Trollbloods, the Galleon just does more than the Mountain King.  I'm just not sure I can really get the best mileage out of the Galleon like I do with warbeasts.  The Galleon does come with the great ability to just murder infantry though by spamming AoE templates everywhere.  Both are still nothing on the Stormwall however, which seems to take the prize as being utterly uberlicious.  I will try out both the Mountain King and the Galleon on Vassal and see how it goes, since whichever I enjoy more is likely to determine what I collect for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment