Sunday 10 July 2011

Apple Seeds

All the testing for my Bad Seeds force is pretty much done now, it's just on with the painting.  I got a few more games out of it and discovered it's all about the Obliterator Rocket assassination.  Any time the enemy warcaster sticks their head out - unless they have a truly monumental DEF (>18) - you can typically blat them.  The Trencher Master Gunner and a Ranger easily pushes the Renegades into a realm where a model's DEF is mostly irrelevant.  I killed a DEF 18 pKreoss (Defender's Ward and on a hill) with the rockets and my Defender while he couldn't be knocked down (Covenant).

I've also figured out how the list deals with heavies - eMagnus stabs them.  It's just setting things up so that he can swoop in, hit something with Calamity and then cripple some systems with the armor piercing attack.  It's focus intensive and it takes a bit of work to keep eMagnus safe from the aftermath of such an assault, but it works.  Even the Behemoth went down, I was most chuffed with that.  Granted that eMagnus prompted died after that, but the technique was pioneered!

Now it's time to just get on with the painting and see which caster to test out next (*cough* Damiano *cough*) and then which models to pick up for them.  I think Gun Mages are probably a safe bet regardless of caster though.

1 comment:

  1. I do like lists where the caster has to do something other than 'hide at the back and don't die', but very seldom manage to build one, so this "use Magnus to hit things" approach sits well with me. I used to find him pretty effective given Mobility and the range of different effects on his various weapons. Wish I hadn't sold him now...

    ReplyDelete