Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Ageing Process

I've had a brief hiatus from Warmachine and Hordes, indulging myself in the world of Dragon Age for almost 2 days worth of gameplay (so... about 2.5 days of real time if you throw in some sleep - yes, I'm one of those people).  However, it's all completed (including DLC) and now I can get back on track with Caen-related events.

On Saturday I tested out my army against Jim testing out his Menoth army.  Generally I detest the Covenant of Menoth like nothing else on Terra (except perhaps this one ex-girlfriend...) but sacrificing a heavy warbeast just to get rid of it is probably a mistake.  Better to just live with it and get around to killing everything else - or bring a list with ranged attacks.  The Runeshapers did surprisingly well, I'll have to come up with different tactics to keep them alive and get the most out of their spell-slinging.

The Bouncer appears to have been superseded by Janissa Stonetide.  The Wall of Stone she provides easily overlaps the uses I had for the Bouncer - which oddly, wasn't Shield Guard, the Bouncer was there for Bump to be used against lists such as eSkarre.  Now that I can just slap down a wall in front of my heavies pretty much gives them immunity from non-Reach charges.  So out goes the Bouncer and I once again have 5 points spare; I think I'm going to throw in an Impaler and see how the results work.  My main concern about the Impaler is how hot it usually runs, but it's been a solid performer before.  A side benefit is that I will have a fully painted battlegroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment