Wednesday 26 May 2010

Painting Blog: Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls. Part 2

Blogspot has released a new post editor so now it's easier to make shiny new post formats like this.

Work continues to progress on pDoomshaper as you can see.  I've finished his skin and the red cloth parts of him barring any mistakes.  The stone at the top of his staff is done except for the straps.

While I'd like to leave the staff that colour I'm going to have to make it much darker to provide contrast with Doomshaper's hand, glove, and the wrapping around the staff itself.

The base is also finished and it looks really good now that I've added the scenic snow and static grass to it. Once I've finished the leather skirts I'll fix Doomshaper to the base and take another picture.  So far I guess I've put in just over 9 hours of work into Doomshaper, at that rate he should be finished by the end of the week. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment