Thursday 25 March 2010

Thumbs are Overrated


Well, it's been a while since I actually had any gaming updates, but that's mainly due to my lack of games. I have a 50 point game against Martin lined up on Tuesday where I hope to test out my UK Masters eDoomshaper list. There are a few things I would like to try out but I simply don't have the models or money to give them a whirl. I wanted to swap out my Fennblades for Runeshapers and a minimum unit of Kriel Warriors so I had some ranged magical attacks (only range 8 though =( ). I'll see how my list works out first though. I expect to Mulg all his warjacks as Martin is by nature a Warmachine 40k player and his warcaster is likely to stay quite far back.

What is a Warmachine 40k player you may ask? Typically they're players who came to Warmachine from Warhammer 40k and haven't changed over to the more aggressive philosophy promoted by Privateer Press games. Many gunline players are Warmachine 40k players. Luckily I never played Warhammer 40k, so I started off suicidally aggressive and slowly became more cautious; ranged attacks are for wimps.

I have finally replenished my stock of Bleached Bone and progress on Mulg and my Dire Troll Mauler snails its way onward. I picked up a Reaper miniatures gnome sorcerer for my 4e D&D character and I've been working on him, it's such a relief to paint something not covered in pouches, bags, cigars, ammo, guns, more guns, tassels, spades, spare knives, and beer kegs.

No comments:

Post a Comment