Sunday 7 February 2010

Conflagration 2010: The Morning Before

I've woken up stupidly early in the morning to double check I have everything I need for Conflagration 2010. My backpack weighs a ton - it's got rule books, the Steamroller scenario rules, prizes, kitchen timers (and lots of them), objective markers, a million spare bases (also double as objective/wreck markers), tokens, tape measures, extra dice, mercenary cards... The list goes on and on.

It's actually quite exciting, I'm looking forward to the actual event. All the effort it takes to run such a small (relatively) tournament makes me wonder about the big conventions like GenCon or Templecon. I only have to deal with 20 or so people at the most, the first tournament Tom and I ran was fraught with errors and miscommunication (and the bloody venue staff turned up almost one hour late). Multiply that by at least 3 for a big convention, given the game sizes and the sheer number of people. Something to see for myself if I get a laptop. Maybe one day Conflagration will be like that (HAH!).

I'm hoping for the same atmosphere the first Rising Conflicts tournament had, which was so chilled out I could have had a barbecue going and an eski full of drinks. I'm also praying that the new owner of Figures in Comfort will be at Conflagration so I can get some new trays for all my Trollbloods - which in turn means I can get started painting my units...

No comments:

Post a Comment