Tuesday 17 November 2009

Unbending, Unbreaking

Khador heavy warjacks. Why won't these things die? Even in a game where I average a 14 on my boosted damage dice these things just keep on coming. Granted there were 5 of them and by the end of the game 4 of them had hardly any damage boxes left and I'd blown Drago to bits, but still, in the war of attrition there just wasn't any competing. At least Jim now knows what it's like to face the Jim Dice, except I didn't have the Jim Dice to pull off something dumb at the last moment of the game.

I tried using an Ogrun Bokur instead of a full unit of Boomhowler & Co, and I have to say, the extra 4 Trollkin Mercs would have been a LOT handier than the Bokur. Ah well, it was worth testing out, Boomhowler & Co did their job as usual before being killed horribly by Jim's horde of warjacks.

Press Ganger Tom also brought in his Retribution stuff - he's the first person in the area to have an actual Retribution army, which is a bit strange, we thought there'd be more interest in them. I like the Retribution models, but the infantry is a bit smaller than I was expecting - though elves are smaller than humans in the D20 setting. They're not Black 13th midget small, but they're very impressive in person. I may have to pick up some stuff to paint once I've waded through the mass of yellow Trollkin muscle work I still have to do.


Speaking of yellow Trollkin muscles, the Earthborn Dire Troll is coming along very nicely. I'm painting him a lot faster than expected, but it's not exactly speedy to say the least. I guess faster is a bit misleading, I should say 'less slow'. After some hick-ups with the base I really just need to do his limbs and then glue him to the base. I'm not sure if I should attempt something ambitious (as if massive quantities of yellow skin wasn't already) like blending in a colour change on the hand touching the rock he's based on. It's very tempting, but it could also be a total disaster... I'll save that limb until last and see how I feel at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Khador jacks are nails, armour value and damage boxes are a big deal now.
    Earthborn is looking good mate.
    Ive got a retribution army in the building, give you a game with them soon.

    ReplyDelete