Tuesday 21 July 2009

Baby Eating for Beginners

Jim, I am going to cannibalise your children, should you ever have any. If you do, I will eat them.

Another game against Jim (I need to play other people, and soon!) tonight and for once I had a Plan. Ashlynn vs the Witch Coven in a 35 point MKii game. I had Jim on the ropes, I was going to chase down the stupid Coven next turn with my 16" run (or 11" charge) and END THEM, but no, even with Ashlynn hiding behind a hedge Jim rolls a 16 to hit (crit) and then a 17 for damage. Great, now my warcaster is suffering Shadow Bind and has 3 damage boxes left. Woot. What's that? You crit a second time and rolled a bejebus amount of damage again? Really? Well DAMN YOU, and your (e)poxy dice (heheh, I'm such a geek). Stupid Coven.

It was actually a really enjoyable game, the hard part was getting past the Deathjack since Jim kept it fairly far back for most of the game so that I wouldn't crush it utterly. I did have a turn of pounding it but that failed miserably with my damage rolls. Once past the Deathjack and having killed all his Bile Thralls I'd managed to get Ashlynn into his back line and could certainly chase down the Coven over a couple of turns. The Deathjack was just going to suffer Black Oil after Black Oil from Gorman every turn so it was out for the count. Next time Jim, next time! Stupid Coven.


Epic Doomshaper is now once again presentable, though he does have 8 layers of varnish on him. I'm known for 'baking' my satin varnish from Games Workshop to produce a very flat matt. Unfortunately the GW Purity Seal sometimes clouds up and makes me a sad panda. In the end I gave up trying to make all the fancy varnishes go matt and whacked on a layer of Purity Seal and baked that. Now eDoomy looks fine, though I am a bit miffed at all the effort I went through to find a superior technique to varnish my miniatures. At least he's well and truly protected from chipping and damage. As I said before, he's only ever going to get chipped if someone has a go at him with a hammer and chisel. Personally I'm surprised people can still see him under all that varnish.

Stupid Coven.

No comments:

Post a Comment