Sunday 10 May 2009

Expect the Unexpected

The second part of Rising Conflict has now been completed and had a much smaller turn out than expected. The online sign ups predicted we'd have about 10 people, instead we only ended up with 7, but we all had a good time. Strangely enough Jim didn't win this tournament *gasp*. The results of the 500 point segment of Rising Conflict can be found here. The scenarios choices were really good, I didn't feel my army list was shafted by any of the scenarios - indeed there was a scenario that would have been ideal, unfortunately I had a by (bye?) for that round. Once again I got 4th place, my destined rank it seems. My overall ranking in Rising Conflict does put me in the running for the top spot, but I'll have to have a look at what lists to take for the next two events in the tournament series and what I'll have to paint (*cough* eEiryss *cough*).

I've fallen into some bad habits through playing MKii however, I forgot things like Stannis having the Furious Charge order (cost me a charge with the Halberdiers) and that my warjacks get mashed after three systems instead of needing them totalled. Oh well, I've only got until next year to wait.

I didn't get my cavalry painted up to standards for the day but there's no excuse not to finish them now, it'll only take me a day to finish the two that are half done. I can now paint a Steelhead Halberdier in about 30 mins, which is nice, I'll get the remaining one done at the same time as my cavalry. To shake things up I think I'll pick up Cylena Raefyll and the Nyss Hunters, see how they perform. Or try out another army... choices choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment