Sunday 5 April 2009

Power Levels Over 1500?!?!

In a shocking change of venues (due to the QMU being closed over the Easter holidays) a great many of us invaded Static Games on Saturday. Thomas (the Khador/Circle player who's possibly going to be the new PG in Glasgow) was running demo games but the rest of us opted to attempt a 1500 mixed game. On one side was Jim, Ryan, and Murray. On my side was Penguin and Thomas (Merc one). Jim's team were all Cryx, my team was Khador (Penguin), Privateers (Thomas), and Mercenaries (me).

While we didn't get to complete the game, it was fun and very entertaining. I got Bartolo Montador (Thomas' warcaster) killed very early by telling Thomas he should be safe where he was. Instead he ate a couple of Stygian Abyss spells from the Witch Coven (Murray). He did survive long enough to use his feat and buy us a turn however before he got Corroded and then croaked it. We lost the Old Witch (Penguin - who didn't use her feat - I blame Penguin) when Nightmare was Soul Gated next to her. If he's remembered to use his feat then he would have been able to at least abuse a significant portion of Goreshade's (Ryan) infantry horde.

In retaliation I dropped an Obliterator Rocket on Goreshade (leaving him on 3 health) and then First Mate Hawk ripped him to shreds. Alas poor eMagnus couldn't chase after the Witch Coven and eSkarre (Jim) fast enough, though he was starting to make his way down field camping all the focus I had spare, with Misdirection up to shunt damage to the nearest inert warjack I could find.

Some entertaining moments included me parking eEiryss next to the Deathjack during eSkarre's feat to deny it focus allocation, my Steelheads killing all the Bane Knights with very little hassle, me telling Murray to shut it and then me getting proven wrong, the Satyxis fleeing after their first turn, and Penguin placing all the Kayazy assassins in a tight group directly in front of a Bloat Thrall (gg nr). I promptly corrected Penguin's terrible placement, how people put their troops in those formations without Shield Wall defies me.

A very enjoyable game for everyone. Mass carnage all over the board, though I do feel having a very mixed force weakens the army structure and planning, playing with such a handicap is natural for Mercenary players! We have ultra-cool things like... Renegades.

It was also Murray's 18th Birthday party today (I feel sooo old now) and the gauntlet has been thrown down. Iain has challenged me to a 750 point game at G3 on the 14th. Bring it on mofo!

No comments:

Post a Comment