Saturday 14 February 2009

Painting Blog: Heads of Steel

I haven't updated my painting blog for a while now, but since Stannis Brocker was done I've done the Sergeant for the Steelhead Heavy Cavalry, a minimum unit of Halberdiers and I've just finished my new warcaster, Ashlynn.

Cavalry are a total pain in the arse to paint, they take ages. At least I should have the other two cavalry guys done before the 500 point fully painted tournament. Actually I'll need to do a ton of work for that tournament if I want to field an alternative list.

Ashlynn suffers a strangely shaped head, but I remember someone sculpting on some extra hair to frame her face and cover up her ginormous cheeks. So I've whipped out the GreenStuff and did the same, it makes her look much better. I've also done some minor work to Nemesis (her sword) - straightening the handle and moving the blade slightly so it looks better coming out of the basket hilt. Overall I'm quite pleased with her, there's a couple of bits I don't like, but they're quite small and you can't see them unless you look closely or know where to look. I might even go back and do some freehand...

My latest shipment of Mercenary goodness has arrived, including a Bokur. Holy crap he's huge, he's much heavier than any of my light warjacks. At least he's mostly metal plates and chainmail, it shouldn't be too hard to get him done in a hurry. Rather unfortunately the shipment is quite big and it ALL needs to be painted for my 500 point list at the next tournament. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment